Thursday, May 17, 2012

Oh Chiquita, I am speechless!!!!!


Here is a close-up of the recipe for your culinary delight!!!!  Just click on the image to make it bigger if you need it.


When I started this blog I wanted a place to put pictures of my favorite fun vintage ads and learn some new vintage recipes...
I was looking for something along the lines of Grandma's Sugar Cookies or even a good casserole
But this...
THIS
leaves me speechless!

I love how on the blog retrorecipe.wordpress.com
they actually make and try so many cool retro recipes.

I would if I could but just can't!!!!

If someone out there in the blog universe reads this and has the courage, please do let me know.

I will admit - I am disgusted but oh so curious!!

This gem of a recipe was found in the December 1947 issue of Woman's Day!

******************************************************************
UPDATE
******************************************************************

The amazing family at over at Retro Recipes made it!!!!!
The whole family are now my official idols...

Check out the post here:
(you may be suprised)
http://retrorecipe.wordpress.com/2012/05/21/ham-banana-rolls/

2 comments:

  1. *snickering*
    Well, I am thrilled to know that Retro Recipes hit this one. This recipe... is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tanita, Thanks for stopping by. I am so excited that Retro Recipes made this one for me. That family are my idols!

    ReplyDelete